The e-book entitled "Information Society" and subtitled "Infrastructure Services and Impacts". It negotiates the technological, organizational and regulatory framework for implementation of ICT throughout their range of application in modern society.
Aimed at undergraduates departments that treat IT (Universities and / or Technological Educational Institutes) to students and postgraduate ICT-related curricula. It can also be used for self-learning as it is written in a way that does not requires specific technical knowledge on the part of the reader.
The book's chapters are relative autonomy and independence between them, so the teacher can choose individual chapters in his teaching to meet or deepen on specific topics.
The themes (chapters) that are traded are:
1. The meaning and scope of the Information Society
2. The software and its role in the Information Society
3. The role of telecommunications infrastructure in the Information Society
4. The internet and its services
5. The content, safety and confidence in the Internet
6. Education in the Information Society
7. The public administration in the Information Society
8. Democracy in Information Society
9. The economy in the Information Society
10. Specific Information Society applications topics
11. Actions by the Greek State for the Information Society